About Vermilion & District Housing Foundation
Located in Vermilion, Alberta, the Vermilion & District Housing Foundation (VDHF) has been providing affordable housing to seniors and families for more than 55 years. The Foundation operates senior’s independent living apartments at Westend Manor, Parkway Manor, Valley View Manor, and Pioneer Haven in Islay, as well as community housing for low-income families in Vermilion. These units are owned by the provincial government. VDHF owns and operates housing at the Vermilion Valley Lodge. VDHF is the only social service organization in Vermilion providing housing for an array of needs.
The Foundation manages the following facilities:
- The Vermilion Valley Lodge - 84 Rooms - with activities, meals and housekeeping. Level 3 care is also available for more supportive living. Health Care Aides are available full-time with daily Home Care assistance.
- The Vermilion Valley Lodge Cottages - 8 Units
- Westend Manor - 16 Units
- Parkway Manor - 3 Units
- Valley View Manor - 15 Units
- Pioneer Haven (Islay, AB) - 4 Units
- Community Housing - 12 Units for Low-Income Families
Applications for all facilities are assessed and prioritized according to need, which is determined by a point scoring system.
Applications can be obtained from the Foundation Office, located in the Vermilion Valley Lodge at 5401 46 St. Vermilion, AB T9X 0B6. For further information, please call our office at 780-853-5706.
Follow us on Facebook & Twitter!
firstname.lastname@example.org 46 Street Vermilion, AB T9X 0B6